Monday, August 15, 2011

Luau!





The luau has come and gone already! Kinda sad I won't be dreaming of palm trees and coconuts anymore :) We had the pleasure of hosting this end of summer bash for our church life group. It was a blast and I had an awesome time planning with my good friend Shar. The best part about this party was I really didn't spend weeks making decorations and trying to come up with ideas. Everything just kinda fell in place. I should also mention we had two great hubbies that were more then helpful. The party was for about 40-50 people (half kids). And here are the pics :)



Our tiki (dessert) bar! Next year hopefully we'll have time to build a real one.


I whipped up this cake literatly last minute. At about 11PM after all the party prep. It was super easy and I loved the outcome! I bought the tiny coconut bra at party city in the kids section.


Flip flop sugar cookies! These were seriously fun! I iced these with royal icing and the straps are fondant. I always love the chance to make decorated sugar cookies.



Pina colada cupcakes. How could I not make cupcakes?!


Coconut cupcakes! I didn't get the time to make them pretty but they were still cute. The idea came from mycakeschool. Thanks!



My daughter calls these ice cream pencils! lol. Don't they look perfect for a luau? And of course they are so yummy!



Finger foods before the feast!


Shar made these awesome fruit kabobs.


I was so excited to use our Luau outfit for our door bear!



Homemade Hawaiian shaved ice!! I will post more info on these later!




Dressed up drinks, Hawaiian punch of course.


Lei's waiting at the door :)




My awesome hubby grilling the corn!



My Bailey boo all dressed up.

And here are some shots of everybody hanging out!






















So much fun! Party details:



For dinner we served pulled pork, Hawaiian rolls, chicken kabobs, Hawaiian rice, plain rice, grilled corn, fruit kabobs, sliced pineapple. and watermelon. For Dessert we severed chocolate cupcakes, pina colada cupcakes, pirouettes, coconut macaroons, tropical trail mix, macadamian nuts, cookies, and coconut covered marshmellows. After dinner we made homemade snow cones!






For activities we had all kinds of water items for the kids. Two slip and slips, a small pool, the water table, and we pulled out the bounce house. We also had items set out for the kids to make leis and paper grass skirts (check my previous post for a how to) For the adults we set up a relay.






Feel free to steal some ideas and if I you need any more info message me!