Saturday, October 1, 2011

A new chapter in our Journey...

The military life is unlike any other. We've been so happy here in Virginia I think I forgot we we're "military". Which is why when Ben came home this week and told me he had orders to New York and we would be leaving in less the 90 days....I was in total shock. Ben has been working on another career option that may have had us leave but that was all a big if and a later in the future kinda thing. We've been through all the fun trials of being in the military but other then deployment this has been the hardest news yet. I can't begin to tell you how much we love it here, and ultimately how much we love our friends...no family here. We are so connected here it kinda feels like home. And during the holidays...really? ANY other time of year would be ok...but in the dead of winter in upper New York (who writes these orders?!?!) Everything has kind of came to a hault, and I've spent the weekend in a fog. We have all of these plans for the holidays, commitments, cake orders, and project plans...so much to think about. We took some time to slow down and play with the kids. Enjoy the crisp fall air, let Cadence ride her bike, and play at the park, exactly what I needed...the kids have reminded me that no matter what it's going to be ok. I will spare you the details but there are a lot of things that need to be sorted out. There is still a chance that Ben's other option goes through....but for now we're leaving for New York in the next 90 days and that's what we have to begin to prepare for. I would like to ask for all your prayers that the right path will be obvious and clear to us.

I guess I just needed a little time to be brokenhearted and let it all soak in. At the end of the day I know that God has a plan for us and we just need to have faith. No matter where were are at were going to have a purpose and there is a bigger plan. Our family wants to serve where we are needed and we wouldn't want to miss out on an oppurtunity that God has for us.

Love you all, and thanks for following me on our journey. I'll be back with happy posts tomorrow. God Bless.