Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope everybody was showered with love and fun things this Valentine's day! We had a good day at the Miller house (yep no hotel, we're in our house!). It didn't involve flowers, big candy hearts, or jewelry. Just simple acts of love, fun treats, and a great message of God's love. And after two weeks...we have internet again! Hence the blogging ;) I've been baking little Valentine's treats all week long..guess I couldn't wait!

One of my FAVORITE things about Valentine's day is conversation hearts. I just love the sassy little sayings and fun colors so naturally when I remembered at about 8pm last night I needed a dessert for bible study this morning....I busted out my conversation heart sprinkles, cordinating papers, and colored a little fondant to match. They were simple and quick but I love how they turned out :)




For lunch we had heart shaped sandwhiches and fruit. Later on I made the girls snacks with yogurt and melons cut into hearts(they hever got to the kabobs they were intended hor!). We're going to have to do this more often! The girls ate everything heart shaped...what a simple little act of love!



and last..if you ever look in my pantry you will always find a party mix of some sort. So naturally we love to make holiday themed mixes. This time we used strawberry shredded wheat, cherrios, white chocolate chip, mini marshmellows, and valentines candy corn. This was a great combination....the kids have been snacking on it all day long. Of course I wanted to make it coversation heart themed...but Cadence really wanted those little candy corns :)
That's all for today!
So thankful for the people God has put in my life for me to love on!